From Left to Right: Lisa, Chris, Anna, Tom, and Mike
On April 10th the Volunteer Essex news team met for the first time to undergo training, get to know each other, and assign roles. The team consists of 5 volunteers from across Essex; Mike, Lisa, Chris, Anna, and myself Tom.
We all come from different employment backgrounds, have different skills, and are all interested in the journalistic element of working as part of a news team. As a team we all want to assist people across Essex to get involved with volunteering. Each team member has taken on a different role to ensure that the Volunteer Essex website is being updated with new information and opportunities, and that we are engaging with the public to promote volunteering.
- Lisa has taken on the role of running the Twitter feed, sharing the latest opportunities, events and news articles, and most importantly engaging with the public by responding to tweets.
- Chris is the Monthly Liaison Volunteer, his role is to interact with the individual Volunteer Centres across Essex to ensure that we, as a new team, are covering all of the available opportunities and events across Essex.
- Mike took on the Opportunities Volunteer role, ensuring that the top opportunities are updated at least monthly, offering the latest information for volunteers.
- Anna, like all the other volunteers, is a Content Volunteer. We will all populate the News page with the most current features, events, and Volunteer stories, covering both local and national volunteering news.
- My role, as the Assistant Editor is to collate information from all the news team on a monthly basis and to take the lead in dividing the content amongst the team. I am also the Email Volunteer, so I shall be responsible for responding to public enquiries about volunteering, directing volunteers to their local Volunteer Centres and answering any queries.
As a team, we are all really looking forward to supporting local causes, engaging with new volunteers and using our own experiences to strengthen the great work that volunteers do across Essex.
Be sure to follow our Twitter feed for all the latest updates on what is happening across Essex with Volunteering.