Health Drop-In Volunteers
Are you passionate about health and nutrition?
Can you spare 2 hours per week?
Anglian Community Enterprise (ACE) has been commissioned by Essex County Council to provide weight management programmes. As a volunteer providing “front of house” support for the ACE Adult ‘My Weight Matters’ programme you will be helping others to achieve their weight management goals.
The volunteer role is to support people through the 12 week programme which is community-based and designed to support people to achieve a gradual, long term weight loss through information provision, target setting and regular weigh-ins.
Maldon volunteer Catherine says about her Health Drop-in role:
It’s very rewarding to meet new people and help them change their lives for the better.
Training will be provided by ACE and will cover the programme, the administration of the drop in and where to find further resources and support for participants.
Volunteers are not required or expected to give advice but to be a friendly face and to provide informal support.
The role involves:
- Meeting and greeting people, offering a warm and friendly welcome to the session.
- Explaining how the programme works (full training will be given)
- Weighing clients & recording their progress
- Handing out relevant support materials (leaflets, hand-outs etc.)
- Generally helping to organise the session (sign-in sheets, set-up, checking resources)
- Kind, approachable and sympathetic
- Non-judgmental attitude
- Enthusiastic and positive for people and their goals – weight-loss is difficult and everyone needs some encouragement!
- A good listener and able to chat to people from different backgrounds
- Able to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Good organisational skills
- Able to work independently and as a team
Click on the links below to view the details and/or make an enquiry about a role near you, or contact your local Volunteer Centre
- Saffron Walden
- Walton on the Naze
- Waltham Abbey