If you would like to experience life in one of the most sumptuous Jacobean mansions, and you are a fun, sociable person too, why not to take advantage of this latest volunteer opportunity at Audley End House and Gardens, available from now until November?
Meeting and greeting visitors
At Audley End, visitors can experience history with the authentic sights, sounds and smells of the period. Every area of the mansion looks exactly as it did in the 1800s, from the Great Hall and magnificent apartments to the nursery, and from the service wing and Coal Gallery to the stable blocks.
As a Meet and Greet volunteer, your role will be to help visitors enjoy their visit to Audley End and, in particular, you will be:
– Eager to share information and curiosities about the site
– Happy to answer questions, provide orientation and give directions to facilities
– Easy going, friendly and easy to spot (you will wear a English Heritage uniform)
– Able to spend long periods on your feet as you will be standing and walking indoors and outdoors, in sometimes difficult weather conditions
– Able to spare some time between 11 am and 5 pm at weekends and during school holidays and site event days, until November
Volunteers will receive appropriate training.
English Heritage on your CV plus free passes
Not only will you time travel, but you will get a chance to impress with volunteering experience for English Heritage on your CV. Moreover, after four months in the role and a minimum of 60 hours volunteering time, you will get a free entry pass to English Heritage properties. Priceless!
If you wish to know more about the Volunteer Meet and Greet role or different volunteering roles at Audley End House and Gardens please contact Uttlesford Volunteer Centre by clicking here
If you would like to learn more about Audley End and English Heritage, please click here