Volunteering Opportunity of the Month
Essex County Scouts – County Treasurer
Essex County Scouts are looking for a treasurer to:
- manage and monitor the financial activities of the Group and its Sections, District or County/Area/Region and Executive Committee.
- act as Treasurer for the Scout Council.
- prepare and present financial reports and accounts to the Executive Committee
- lead the Executive Committee in the creation of budgets and financial planning, and monitoring of these.
- Ensure that all financial reports, annual statements of accounts and supporting documents (including receipts, cheque books and bank statements) are maintained accurately and in accordance with legal regulations.
- Ensure that the Group, District or County/Area/Region is financially able to function, has appropriate reserves and accounting procedures and controls in place.
- prepare the Annual Statement of Accounts for independent examination and approval by the Executive Committee and presenting these at the Annual General Meeting.
- Administer the process of Independent Examination of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with Policy, Organisation and Rules.
When Required : Time Flexible
Commitment: Part Time
Skills and Qualifications :
o Strong organisational skills
o Strong communication skills
o Ability to work as part of a team
o Able to think creatively and solve problems
o Previous experience of financial management or the role of a Charity Treasurer
o Able to analyse financial information effectively
o Good IT skills
o Ability to summarise financial information for different audiences
o Willing to speak one’s mind and listen to the views of others.
o Able to maintain independent and objective judgement
To find out about this opportunity in your area, use the ‘Search Opportunities’ tab to the left of this page or contact your local Volunteer Centre – details on the ‘Contact Us’ page.